The art of rug making was initiated by the nomadic herdsmen who used to move from one region to another in search of grassy areas to feed their cattle or sheep and their goats. Initially, rugs were developed from the wool of the sheep or the goat’s hair. This art spread in the Middle Eastern countries and was widely used as floor covering in the halls during their prayer meetings. Among the countries of the Middle East, it was Persia, now Iran that became well known for this art which inspired several different countries in the continent of Europe to also practice this art.
However, a common man could not afford this floor covering as it was made in a delicate way by deriving the fibers from the animal or the plant with the embroideries done in gold, silver and precious stones. Though it did appeal to all the classes of people, it was only accessible by the rich people class which was mainly comprised of royal people and high class business men. Understanding the popularity of rugs and carpets, carpet and rug manufacturers have created some much cheaper options. Now they are using the plant resources for making floor or wall coverings and they are deriving the fibers from jute, sisal and seagrass.
The reasons that are inspiring the rug makers to manufacture the seagrass rugs and carpets are highlighted as follows:
- Seagrass rugs happen to be the eco friendly products which can be reused as a recycled product. It does not produce any harmful effect unlike the synthetic fibers used in the rug making process. If you are in the support of the green revolution and prefer to keep the environment clean, then you would not hesitate from buying such an environment friendly product.
- Seagrass is directly taken from the seabed. It actually grows in the shallow waters of the sea in the form of millions of acres in Florida bay in USA, southern portion of India, Sri Lanka and also in Red sea in the Middle East region. It was used for the purpose of making mattresses initially during the world war by French forces.
- Seagrass rug manufacturers use the seagrass fiber for weaving the rug or the carpet without damaging the natural shine or the color and leave it in the unbleached condition. It suits the taste of interior design and it forms a perfect piece of décor in the indoor areas of your house. The appeal is there with every style and pattern in seagrass rugs. When its borders have been done with wool or cotton it makes the rug look more attractive in any area of the house. It may be in the drawing room, bedroom or in the passage way. It maintains the glow in an office setting also.
- Like any other rug or the carpet made from a plant fiber like jute and sisal, it does not require any wet cleaning methods. In fact, the product will shrink if it comes in contact with moisture or water. The dust or the dirt getting collected in the rug or the carpet can be easily removed with the help of a vacuum cleaner. Seagrass rugs have the capacity to resist any type of stain.
- It can be subjected to any kind of wear and tear over a long period of time and it is also fire resistant and it cannot produce static electricity coming in contact with humans or your pets. Which is why it is considered as a good investment for flooring coverings.
Floorspace can cater to all your needs if you require your seagrass rugs in a customized form. You either visit the store or access their website to view their designs and the good news is Floorspace seagrass rugs and can be purchased at an affordable price.