For the students aspiring to be successful engineers, the JEE Main 2016is an integral exam.The common entrance examination for engineering colleges, Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by JEE and CBSE. This examination is a mandatory exam for students who want to pursue the engineering degree in prestigious colleges like Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and National Institute of Technology (NIT).
Eligibility Criteria for JEE MAIN 2016
- Students need to fall under a certain age group to be eligible to appear for the JEE examination.
- In case of JEE Main 2016,students with a year of birth after 1991 can only appear for the examination.
- However, there are special privileges for the reserved category. For the SC, ST and students with physical abilities are allowed to appear if the year of birth is after 1986.
- For appearing in the examination, a student needs to appear for the class 12th board examination with science background.
- For the students appearing in JEE Main 2016 it is mandatory to have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and 2 other subjects of in the 12th Board.
- A student can appear for the JEE examination for a maximum of three times. After that, the student will not be allowed to appear.
Application Form for Exam
Students need to fill p the application form to appear in the JEE Main 2016 examination. The conducting body is accepting the applications from December 2015. A student to apply needs to upload the scanned documents like photo, signature and thumb impression of the left hand. There is online registration and a along with registration the student needs to pay an examination fess online. At first, the last date to apply was 31 December. However, there has been an extension and the dates have been extended to 12 January 2016. The students need to submit the e-challan to their nearest bank branch before 12 January 2016.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The syllabus of the JEE examination is mainly divided into Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics paper. The exam is not only for students aspiring to be engineers but also students interested in architecture appear for the same exam. One can easily check the syllabus of the exam in the website. Mainly the syllabus revolves around the chapters of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 11th and class 12th. So the students appearing for the JEE Main 2016 needs to clear the concepts from their textbooks.
The exam pattern is common for all the students and has the main subjects’ physics, chemistry and mathematics. In the JEE Main 2016 there are 30 questions for each category. Each question has4 marks each. The questions are in Multiple Choice format, where for each question the students will be given four options. The students will be awarded four marks for each correct answer and one-fourth marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Exam Centers for JEE Main 2016
There is a long list of centers for the JEE Main 2016. There are centers all the country in various cities so the students from every corner can appear. Students can appear for the exam in both offline and mode online. There are different dates for the online exam tough. In total 125 cities have been chosen as centre for the JEE Main 2016. Students out of India can also appear for the JEE exam. Kathmandu, Singapore, Dubai, Sharjah and other countries have centre for the exam. The students appearing in the JEE Main will be shortlisted for JEE Advance. The students appearing in the JEE Advance are only eligible to get chance in IIT and NIT level institutes.